Wednesday, September 3, 2008

You GO Girl...

Okay, so let me just get this off my chest--My blood has been boiling all day listening to the condescending, hateful remarks coming from the left wing news anchors and journalists concerning John McCain's new running mate, Sarah Palin. Let me just start out by telling you that I do believe that the best person to raise a child is a mother. I have been lucky enough to be able to stay at home with my children and raise them without having to supplement my husbands income. I am so grateful for that, and for me, I wouldn't have it any other way. But let me just also say that if I needed to, and I'm glad I don't, but if I did, I am an intelligent, brave and courageous woman, and I would be able to do what it took to take care of my children. That's one thing about us moms, we are tough, and smart, and determined, and we are willing to go to the ends of the earth to make sure that our children have the best life possible. So where do they get off coming up with quotes like this:

"There's also this issue that on April 18th, she gave birth to a baby with Down Syndrome. The baby is just slightly more than 4 months old now. Children with Down Syndrome require an awful lot of attention. The role of vice president, it seems to me, would take up an awful lot of her time, and it raises the issue of, how much time will she have to dedicate to her newborn child?” –CNN’s John Roberts, 8/29/08.

Or this one: "And I do think, too, that you have to weigh the situation. It's one thing to have one or two or three children, especially if they are healthy children. And everyone knows that women and men are different and that moms and dads are different and that women -- the burden of child care almost always falls on the woman. But I think, when you have five children, one a 4-month-old Down syndrome baby, and a daughter who is 17, who is also a child and who is going to need her mother very much in the next few months and years with her own baby coming, that I don't see how you cannot make your family your first priority. And I think if you are going to be president of the United States, which she may well be, I think that's going to be a real stretch for her."- The Washington Post’s Sally Quinn on CNN’s “Newsroom” 9/2/08.

Or this:"Kristan, we've talked this morning about whether a mother of five can handle being the vice president. who looks after the kids when she's working? do you know?" - CBS' Maggie Rodriguez on the "Early Show.”

Are you kidding me??? What is this 1950? It's like this is the first woman ever to work for a living. My mother worked all my life--and still managed to take care of us just fine with some help. Over 60 percent of American women work for a living. There are more women graduating college now than there are men. Where do they get off questioning who is going to take care of the kids??? Did you hear any of this when Hillary was running? Do they ask Michelle Obama who takes care of her kids--she has a career too you know. Oh, I forgot, they only have 2 children--that's manageable. Who ever heard of a woman having 5 children? How obnoxious is that? Can a mother of 5 handle being the Vice President? Let's see, does she still have a brain in her head? Or did that fall out in child birth.
Another thing--they have been attacking her all week because her daughter is pregnant, and she believes in abstinence education. "See what happens..." they say, when you don't have proper education. That makes me CRAZY! Do good people not make mistakes? Just because her daughter makes a mistake, does that mean she is not a good mother? Heaven forbid we look into the background of all of these journalists and anchor women--I bet their children turned out perfect. And by the way, who takes care of them during the day?? If only the daughter would have an abortion--then she would be praised by this same crowd. It's like Obama said of his daughters, "If they make a mistake--I don't want them punished with a baby." Look it up, it's true.

So I was glad tonight to see Sarah Palin stand up for herself and women everywhere. I was proud of her to be so bold in the face of so many vicious attacks. I thought it was great that she introduced her family to the world as one that is not perfect, but doing the best they could. And I was proud of that family to stand behind their mom, and not back down in the face of so much pressure. Tonight Sarah Palin made me proud to be a woman, proud to be a mom, and proud to be an American. This is a great country that we live in, where a woman can choose to be anything she wants to be! I wasn't crazy about standing behind John McCain--but you can count me IN for Sarah Palin. I think that a crazy mom of 5 kids might be just what this country needs.

2 comments:

Kathy P said...

LOVE THIS! I couldn't agree with you more Tami!! Don't underestimate the power of a crazy mom!!! :)

causey6: said...

I think you should send this one to the newspaper!!! This one is for all of us Mothers everywhere. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...