Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Election Time...

I'm in a political mood today, so bear with me. I have never been one to shy away from a political debate with just about anyone, I don't think that has changed. I am very opinionated, and very conservative. But I don't think I'm alone when I say, "enough already"! This election has gone on entirely too long, and I can't believe we have 3 more months of this before we actually get to vote. It seems like the candidates have been on television for like, FOREVER? Seriously, this campaign began in 2006 didn't it? I was so frusterated with the negative press that Mitt Romney got, and that started to sour my mood. Then when McCain won by default, that pretty much sealed the deal. I can't stand John McCain--there I said it--he drives me crazy with his need to be noticed, instead of stand by his principles. He compromises way too much, and I don't agree with him on the issues a lot of the time.

That being said, when Obama won the Democratic nomination, it was enough to make me want to throw up. Are you kidding me? This guy is so liberal he makes Bill Clinton or Jimmy Carter look like a conservative. Just his abortion position alone makes him completely unacceptable as a candidate for me. Listening to the clips of the pastor at the church he attended for 20 years was incredible to me. I didn't know that people actually worshiped that way, yelling and screaming and ranting and raving. Add to that his naive position on the war on terror, his complete lack of experience in all things political, not to mention his plan to raise taxes in an already struggling economy, I can't believe that people in this country are willing to take a chance on this man.

So, even though I'm not that happy about it--I am jumping on the McCain bandwagon. I would vote for him any day of the week over Obama. For those of you planning on sitting this one out--I beg of you to hold your nose and go and vote anyway. There is plenty of damage that can be done in 4 years, especially to our courts, which are already liberal anyway. Enough is enough though--can't we just skip to the vote? If I have to watch another political commercial I might throw something at my T.V.--and it's a nice T.V...I don't want to break it! Here are some great campaign slogans for this year:

"McCain...I guess."
"Anyone But Obama '08"
"McCain--Proven leadership so we don't have to "Hope".
"You think healthcare is expensive now? Just wait till it's free!"
And my favorite:
"I love my country more than I hate John McCain!"

3 comments:

The Jarvis Family said...

AMEN!

Natalie said...

These political slogans say it all. The last one is my favorite.

Kathy P said...

I totally agree! After listening to Glen Beck dissect one of Obama's speeches, I thought of the part of the BoM that talks about the leaders of the nation and what happens when the country stops choosing just men to lead. hmmm.
http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/12943/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...