Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Life's Not Fair...

I have been thinking a lot this week about someone who I love very dearly, who is going through probably one of the hardest times in her life. It seems as though even though her heart is in the right place, and she is trying to do the right things, everyone is against her, and her world seems to be crashing in around her. I wish I could tell her that it was all going to be okay, that things would work out, that everything would be different. Somehow, it's not that easy. For some reason, sometimes people suffer, and it's because of other people. It makes me sad, and I feel like it isn't fair--that sometimes we suffer because of other people's free agency. It makes the Lord sad too, I'm sure. To see someone, his child, struggle, and cry, and hurt because of something she can't control.

The fact is, God watched as his Son was hurt by people, again and again The only comfort that we have sometimes is to know that He does know our struggle and He knows our pain. Sometimes that is all we have to hold on to. I have never known the suffering, and the struggles that this person is going through. I hope I never will. But I want her to know that I am praying for her. I am also praying for those that are hurting her, that their hearts will be softened, that they will change their hurtful ways. I wish I could do more, I wish I could take the pain away, I wish I could explain why these things happen, but I can't. All I can do is pray, pray that she will be able to hold on to her faith, and hold on to the hope that with God, nothing is impossible. He can heal the hurt that you feel, he can take your pain away, he understands you, and he loves you more than you will ever know. Put your trust in him, and pray to him, and you will feel his love for you, I know you will.

My parents used to always tell me that life wasn't fair. It wasn't until I grew up that I realized what they really meant. Life really isn't fair. We never know what is going to hit us, what trials we will be called on to face, or what trials our children will face. For someone like me, who is a control freak, I have such a hard time putting my trust in someone else. I want to be in complete control of my life, of my circumstances. But then I wouldn't need God, would I? The truth is, He sees the bigger picture. He sees the end result. He sees that trials make my faith stronger. He sees that in the end I will be a better person because of the things I have gone through in this life, even the hard things. Especially the hard things.

Hang in there--Hold on--and know that you are never alone, even though sometimes it seems that way. I love you.

2 comments:

Kathy P said...

What a beautiful reminder to all of us. This was so touching! I hope all works out for your friend.

Tawni said...

I hope your friend will be okay and keep her faith!! It is hard to see people hurting when there is nothing we can do to help them.
Thanks for writing that message. It is always good to read and to be reminded of things we sometimes forget.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...